[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power Supply question (Again?)

Tesla List wrote:

> Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>
> >From adam_kojoian-at-om.cv.hp-dot-comTue Jul 23 21:25:36 1996
> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 02:24:56 -0700
> From: adam_kojoian-at-om.cv.hp-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Power Supply question (Again?)
>
> Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>      Hello All,
<SNIP>

>      Tektronix  Type 210 High Voltage Power Supply
>
>      With the following connections:
>
>      + REG :   tied to case(ground)
>      - REG
>
>      P   \
>      B+   -  Supply power inputs (?)
>      G   /
>
>      The above are all ceramic insulated split terminals.
>
>      The outputs are ceramic insulated buttons in increasing size:
>
>      -2.1KV
>      +3.3KV
>      +6.6KV
>      +10KV

<SNAP>
>      I hope someone can tell me more about this device.  I already
>      contacted Tektronix and so far have not been able to identify it.
>
>      Thanks,
>      Adam Kojoian

Sounds like the tubes are the HV rectifiers, and from what you describe,
are in a voltage-multiplier circuit. The filaments are powered from
the external windings on the transformer. There most likely is a small
oscillator circuit which drives the HV transformer. Have you fired it
up?

- Brent