[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Skin Effect & Primary Current?

Hi all,
        Thought I'd post some measurements I did awhile back on my
coil for the benefit of those who didn't see them. Both these figures
include shunting losses in the ferro concrete floor.
Measured AC resistance including gap was close to 0.95 Ohms, measured
resistance without the gap was 0.22 Ohms. I know the gap R is
non-linear, but this was the figure calculated from the captured
decrementing wave (which incidentally was far from being linear as
some publications state). The primary is 3/8" Cu pipe. The cap is
one of my homebuilt extended foil models.

Malcolm