[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Breaking in Fair caps

Hi all,

After reading Scott Myer's post about the CP caps needing occasional rotation,
I started thinking about these Fair Radio caps I have.  Since these may have
been moved very little in the last decade(!), I'm wondering what the best way
would be to break them in before applying any real power.  I've flipped them
over since there is an obvious bottom (scuffed up), but would it make sense to
hook them up to a low voltage neon and let them just sit and hum for a while?
Is this how you oil/foil/poly cap builders break in your caps?

Any info appreciated.

Charles Brush