[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor

Scott,

Re Bubble in Cap.

Thanks for the reply. One reply is use it standing end on, the other is use
it on its side.

Any offers at 45 degrees?

Perhaps a third reply will help me decide one way or the other. Any other
comments.

Of course I explode my Tesla coils at my own risk, but as I pull the
shrapnell from the walls it is nice to know that I got to this stage with a
little help from my freinds and didn't just go ahead and do something stupid
by myself.

This extra worry about the cap is because 2 coilers with more experience
than me have had recent explosions. I ain't going to be number 3.

The cap is from Info unlimited and is for a 14" high coil I just built. I am
still trying to get a coil to fire in this atmosphere.

If anyone would like to sell me a small tuned in coil which they have tested
and made notes about and that can be shipped fully built I would like to
just plug it in here, untouched and see the differences due only to the
atmospheric changes. Mains voltage here is U.K. standard 240 volts. I bought
the BTC3 from info Unlimited, built and tested, and got max 4" arcs after
retuning it here. Nothing came out at its preset tuning when it arrived. I
can only assume the tuning changes in the different atmosphere unless Info
Unlimited are not too good at Tesla Coils. It did look reasonably built though.

Paul Millott (failed again)

Prev.