[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor oil

Hi All,
Here is a curious thing I did with my TC and oil.
I placed a small baby food jar with about 1/2" of
oil on top of the toroid. Then with the coil in operation
I held a grounded copper pipe above the open jar.
The oil began to climb the sides of the jar, basicly
becoming very agitated. I have also tried placing a 1/2"
brass sphere in the oil. The motion of the oil disappears
but an arc to the brass continues out the side of the jar
making a small hole in the glass. When the jar is empty arcs
seem to pass through the glass leaving it unscathed. BTW My
system is small < 450W input.
Dave Huffman