[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

wireless power xmission

 * Original msg to: Se-crawshaw-at-wpg.uwe.ac.uk
 * Carbons sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting SE-CRAWSHAW-at-wpg.uwe.ac.uk:

> Hi, this is basically a question for Richard Q, as he has
> posted extensively on this subject before, but also open to any
> others who know.

> Quoting Fred Bach
 >....wireless transmission, of questionable efficiency

> OK does anyone have any idea what the efficiency is? presumably
> it is a function of the properties of the ground and the Q's of
> the coils.

Precisely. My understanding is that the Q of the ground varies
depending upon the quality of the connection and the resonate
frequency of the current used to energize it.

> Richard has posted that the receiving coil can be made
> to produce significant spark, can more than one coil be used to
> receive energy? and if so, does this increase efficiency or
> overall power transmittance?

More than one coil can be used to receive energy, but the total
energy received is governed by conventional laws of physics. You
can't get more than you pay for. It is also my understanding that
overall efficiency is uneffected by the number of transmitters
and receivers placed on the system.

BTW, I strongly encourage people to duplicate these experiments.
They are not difficult nor expensive to reproduce.

> I plan to use a 4" dia secondary, any idea what size of large
> toroid I will need to inhibit spark output and force current to
> ground?

This depends on your input power. I would guess that a 20 - 30
inch OD toroid would be sufficient for starters. When I started
my experiments I was using a 20" diam. toroid, but when my gaps
and coupling caught up to the rest of the system, the coil would
sometimes let loose with a hot 4' spark from the discharge
terminal.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12