[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tesla coil building

Rich,

I added you to the list as I said.  The list that you subscribed to is a
different list than the one that you subscribed to though (I think).
That list is the USA-Tesla list.  However, they are on my list so you should
see what I send too :-)

As for your other matters....

First, I mailed you some information on making your own cap.  I use this rolled
type and have fantastic results.  You should see it from tesla-at-objinc-dot-com.
I don't have any pre-packaged information on the pickup coils, but I have 3M
of back postings.  I could make a tar or zip file for you, but a zip file will
take a few days because of time constraints.
You need to surf the net for gzip and gunzip.  I believe that you can get DOS
executables too.  Try prep.ai.mit.edu for ftp sites.  I know gunzip will
work on .z and .gz files.

You may wish to increase the power to your coil too.  5kV-at-30ma is a little
small for the coil you have.

Chip