[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tesla coil building

Re: Nick Andree
	You're welcome, and sorry to hear his price has gone up.
It is still a bargain, though.  The home phone # is the one he
gave me on a note last fall - I just checked it.  So, will
scratch it out.
	Can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but those
capacitors do change capacitance as they warm up (capacitance
drops).  The effect is quite noticeable here on one of my
coils with pretty high Q.  However, the heating is slow enough
with my power input (about 700 watts to the primary of the
neon transformer) that the detuning is not objectionable.
Good luck
Ed