[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Coil Form...

 * Original msg to: Tchand-at-slip-1.slip-dot-net
 * Carbons sent to: usa-tesla-at-usa-dot-net

Quoting tchand <tchand-at-SLIP-1.SLIP.NET>:

> Need some opinions...

> I have 2 large coil forms:

> (1)  Teflon Form:     9" O.D.
> 1/2" Thick Wall
> 36" Long

> (2)  Acrylic Plexi    12" O.D.
> 1/8" Thick Wall
> approx.  55" Long

> I can't decide which one to start with first.  If anyone knows
> which one would be easier to do first (or any problems with
> using either of these forms) please give me some input one
> it...Thanks!

Cut your 12" OD acrylic form down to around 40 inches in length.
Then turn on about 36" of close wound #20 AWG magnet wire. This
coil would be lower in frequency (bigger sparks) and easier to
wind.

I have no experience winding wire on Teflon forms, but I have
some experience winding teflon coated wire on various plastic
forms. The problem is the damned plastic is so slippery that the
wire sags and falls off. Glue does not hold anything to it.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12