[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Inductance Formulas...

Tim:
	Wheeler's formulas are pretty close for most purposes.  There
are more accurate formulas available in such places as Bureau of
Standars Circular 47 (unfortunately published in 1917 and out of
print since World War 1) and the publication
22 ' "INDUCTANCE CALCULATIONS
24 ' WORKING FORMULAS AND TABLES"
26 ' 'BY FREDERIC W. GROVER
28 '
30 ' DOVER PUBLICATION S974
which your library should be able to produce for you, even though
it's been out of print for years.  Grover's stuff includes
formulas good to a part in 100,000.  I have a bunch of stuff here,
including Basic programs for calculating self and mutual inductance
of cylinderical solenoids, based on Grover's data and some morfe
more recent publications.  I would also suggest looking at a
copy of the "Radiotron
Designer's Handbook"   (sorry, can 't keep my finger off the
return key) which your library should also be able to produc e.
Ed Phillips