[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coil Caps

Rich, I just got a list of tesla coil capacitor from Condensor
Products in Florida.  I am considering using a 20,000Vrms 0.01uF w/my
15kV 60mA neon.  I have seen several people talking about ordering
from this company and I just wanted to know you opinion about their
products.
	I recently called Plastic Capacitors in Chicago after reading
a paper written by William Meskan at Plasti Cap.  I called and asked
for him and promptly recieved his desk.  He gave me all the
information that I requested and offered me a tour of the facility.
Since I only live 10 minutes from Plasti Cap.  I am going to take him
up on his offer.  Plastic Caps offered me a 15kVrms 0.01 for $160
while Condensor Prod. offers a 20Kvrms 0.01 for $160

	Pending what I hear from you and others I plan on ordering the
20kV from Cond. Prod. to ensure longer life for my cap.  The only
downfall I see about ordering form Plasti Caps is the 6-8 week lead
time. Oh, well I am sure it will be worth the wait.  Oh, One more
question if I may.

	What type of wire did you use for the interconnects in the
tesla circuit.  For example the wire supplying power from the Neon to
the safety circuit and to the capcitor should be of what type.  And
also the wire from the capacitor to the primary coil should be of what
type.  I don't believe I have seen this spec'd anywhere so I would
appreciate your help.

matthew klueppel   cwolins-at-orion.it.luc.edu

I would appreciate a response from anyone...