[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)
>
> >From harris-at-parkave-dot-net Sat Dec  7 22:41:04 1996
> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 12:18:46 -0400
> From: Ed Harris <harris-at-parkave-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)
>
>     [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
>     [Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set]
>     [Some characters may be displayed incorrectly]
>
> > From lod-at-pacbell-dot-net Sat Dec  7 08:44:09 1996
> > Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 22:39:21 -0800
> > From: lod-at-pacbell-dot-net
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

Snip

> > Anyway, in the case
> of the tesla coil, I would imagine ( Richard?) that the rectification would
> be more effective (per watt expended) when the coil is producing lots of
> corona and not so many arcs to ground.
>
> Another possible experiment would
> be to directly measure the DC component of the current at the base of the
> tesla coil. Unfortunately, I'd guess that DC current component would be
> about the order of a small Van De Graf --- maybe 10-100 microamps.
>
> -Ed Harris

Ed,

As I have stated many times before, the process is indeed enhanced with
corona emmision and to the detriment of Rf output.  Furthermore, I have
always said that the discharge to ground grossly reduces the DC
component.  Next, The electrostatic component is a purely currentless
phenomena for maximum effect and ultimately may not even be ion related.
 (lotsa' work needed here)  If power is required, I would tend to agree
that the system is about like an equivalent van d'graff system and is an
ionic mechanism.

I feel that rectification is not at work here!  The DC components from
Tesla systems have been recorded by us out to 20-50 feet from the corona
limit with a 20 watt system.  No corona discharge effects of a rectifying
nature out here.

Richad Hull, TCBOR