[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Capacitors again

I am still working on building a small coil for the winter.  Thanks for all
the good comments on how to cut glass (wine bottles).  Now that I know how, I
am abandoning that idea because of the shape of the bottles - poor aspect
ratio with 3.0" dia and only 7.0" winding length.  Instead I will use a 2.5"
dia acrylic tube with 11.0" winding length.

But like all Tesla coil builders, I still need capacitors.  I don't want to
spend the money to buy a commercial cap (again) - this is trying to be a
small, quick, not too expensive, December project.

I remember lots of discussion several months ago about doorknob caps -
someone posted info about who still has some of these for sale.  Does anyone
have any information on this - or have some for sale?  I know they are not
the best, but for a small project like this, short run times, etc. I would
like to try them.

Thanks for the help,  Ed Sonderman