[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Crystal controlled Tesla Coils?

Greetings to all

Last year I started on the building of Tesla coils and became aware
of the amounts of TVI interference they cause.  To solve this I
figured that a crystal controlled device would have less harmonics
and thus cleaner signal.  Right know the rig sits in my shop back at
home for I am at college, however over break I plan to finish it up.
Does anyone have any experience with this approach?

For backround on it the crystal operates on 200kc which is feed into
an 807 which in turn feeds a pair of 813's which  dirve the might
tesla coil.

I have the schematic in autocad formate for those that are
interested.
Cody Tews
KC7FMM
Student of Electrical Engineering -at- University of Idaho

"He was a cowboy, mister, and he loved the land.  He loved it so much
he made a woman out of the dirt and married her. But when he kissed her,
she disintegrated.  Later, at the funeral, when the preacher said, "Dust
to dust," some people laughed, and the cowboy shot them.  at his hanging,
he told the others, "I'll be waiting for you in heaven-- with a gun."
Jack Handy - Deep Thoughts