[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety FAQ is here -- draft, asking for comments.

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Re: Safety FAQ is here -- draft, asking for comments.
>
> >From bturner-at-apc-dot-netTue Aug  6 11:23:53 1996

> So, what you are saying is that you were giving yourself shock
> treatments??  *grin*
>
> - Brent

Given the latest insanity here regarding microwave FDM modems and the
crystal filters, I probably need it.  Seems the only source of
crystals with Q>300k for high performance filters is in nuclear
triggers.  (maybe hooked up to a hydrogen thyratron :)  :)

On a more serious note, I've received some info on electrocution vs
frequency from brother (laser scientist) and the electrical
supergeniouses at Purdue.  I asked them for permission to forward this
to Tesla list and I am awaiting response.

When I get it I will forward it to list.  Seems they believe that
limits in human cardiac electrocution is limited by nervous system,
but not in the ear-  they also doubt that skin effect has any validity
when applied to humans, since we are not a homogenous material, like
metal.  The body is a mix of many pathways and layers, many with much
greater conductivity than others.  I suppose fat isn't very
conductive..

Rob.