[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary tubing

Copper work hardens, but can be softened again by heating.  Once it's hot
(nearly glowing) you can quench it with water and it'll remain soft.
Unlike steel, quenching copper doesn't cause it to harden.

Of course, if you don't put the hardened copper coil/ribbon into a
compact form such as a spiral, you'll have a devil of a time heating
the whole thing up enough!

Chip