[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RF Interference : HELP!!!

<<
 Hi guys (gals??),

 I am having a big problem with RF interference when running my coil. It is a
 small (1.5kW) coil completely surrounded by a faraday shield (bird-wire). I
 have just placed a 16A line filter in the input and I still have strong
 interference on TV's and AM Radio. For the RF ground I buried large sheets
 of flashing and copper tubing although only to a depth of 4 feet as the
 ground is full of rocks. I water it regularly and even that doesn't seem to
 effect it.

 I remember Richard Quick saying he ran a TC in the room next to the TV with
 no interference. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

 Thanks
 Graham Armitage >>

Graham,

I don't know how you have your grounds set up but I use the main RF ground
only for the Tesla secondary, the safety gaps, the strike rail and the case
of the transformer.  I use two AC line filters,  one for the variac that
controls the H.V. transformer and one for the other AC power (rotary motor,
fans, etc.).  The case of each filter is then connected to a toroid filter
that I wound ( about 20 turns on a 2.5" ferrite form) and each toroid is then
connected together and to a separate ground - not the main house wiring
ground and not the main R.F. ground.  I get a small amount of snow on the
T.V. and that is all - but you cannot use the portable wireless telephone at
all.

Ed Sonderman