[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New to group.

Hi I am new to the group.
Logged on to check my mail and was happy to be flooded with 35+ messages. I
will have to sit back and read them all before I ask a question that may
have already been answered.
I am new to Tesla coils, especially building them. I am actually trying to
track down some early models like those uesed in schools and university's
earlier this century for a private collection / museum. Does anyone out
there have any suggestions?
Also I would like to build a coil (a small one to begin with - < 30V input).
Are there any plans around for such a thing? I have a catalogue from
Information Unlimited (US Company) that retails a small coil (kit form) for
~US299. Perhaps I could build one cheaper than this? I am not very good at
wood / metal work so I would like to start with something simple.
Regards.
Russell W Taylor                  Internet: rwt-at-ozemail-dot-com.au
Professional Computer Solutions   Phone: (612) 9911-7750
Level 20                          Fax:   (612) 449-9346
99 Walker Street                  Mobile: 0411-857-997
North Sydney  NSW  2060