[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Winding Secondary

>> > Subject: Re: Winding Secondary

I was just wondering why we use air core secondary windings. In all the high
frequency transformers I have seen, there is a ferrite core. The information
below did not mention any effects of using a ferrite core on a Tesla coil.
Would it work with ferrite as the coil former?

I also have a radio Ham friend who has a 5kw RF generator with a resonant
cavity output. Can this power supply be hooked up to a TC primary and work?

What is a resonant cavity anyway and can it be used in Tesla coil applications?

Paul Millott (Almost a coiler)

Previous:-
>Roderick:
>	I believe that the material that has demanded the most prep work is
>PVC, specifically the PVC sewer/drain type pipe that is readily
>available. (Snip)

>Chuck Curran
>

>Subject:
>            Dielectric Tables
>       Date:
>            Mon, 27 Nov 1995 00:54:00 GMT
>       From:
>            richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org (Richard Quick)

(snip)>