[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Discharge...

I think it was Malcolm who said (roughly) that the discharge might:

	...break out at an arbitray polarity...

I would not make that assumption.  My recollection (non tesla reading) is that
there is a preferred polarity for 'break out'.  (I think i saw this in Peek.
Maybe some more recent work.)  If so, there may be some influence on the
'rectification' discussion...

On the discussion of turn off times, and 'shorter than expected' turn off times
being seen in the professional literature.  If no one else had mentioned, these
things are critically dependent on temperature and pressure.  Commercial,
common thrytrons are designed for one set of conditions.  It is almost
certainly possible to skew the design for faster turnoff if desired...

Off to Muskegon....

regards
	dwp