[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Addendum-DC Tesla

Tesla List wrote:

> >From ed-at-alumni.caltech.eduSun Aug  4 13:25:37 1996
> Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 20:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Addendum-DC Tesla
>
> Sure it's rectification due to dissimilar electrodes.  You can
> charge a capacitor with DC from a spark coil if you use such
> electodes, for example a disk and a needle, and play with spark
> length.  I think that's why you get the "jolts" off the TC.  When
> the fatter and continuous sparks occur I think there's enough
> ionization present to nullify any significant rectification.  I
> get plenty jolts even off my little coil run from 12 V ignition
> cli.
> COIL!
> Ed Phillips

Ed,

I really doubt if dissimilar metal make a difference.  My experiments all
use aluminum-aluminum!  I have nevr used dissimilar metals in my DC work
to avoid just such a suggestion.  A really good experiment to prove a
point should cover most objections from observers who would question the
results based on other principles.

Richard Hull, TCBOR