[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 7 kv -at- 1 amp[ transformer

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996 09:01:30 +0700, tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com, you
wrote:

>I have a chance to pick up a 7 kv -at- 1 amp plate transformer at a very
>good price. I wonder if anyone in the group has attempted to work with
>this low a voltage transformer....successfully?
>Would appreciate any inputs
>Skip Greiner

Skip,
	I just bought a 7.2kV 10KVA pole pig, I've got about 5 minutes
of run time so far. I'm going to have to build another cap for my
system to get it into tune before I can comment on the difference
between a 10KVA pole pig and my 15KV -at-60ma neon. The cap is required
because my newest cap turned out to have to low of a value to get my
system in tune.

And you can use your old neons as ballistic inductors, just short the
secondaries, or add 1 turn shorted loops in place of the old
secondaries for those neons  that you've depotted.

	jim