[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: Help in calculations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 96 13:47:00 PDT
From: Richard Hull <RICHARDH-at-whitlock-dot-com>
To: bin <bin-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Help in calculations

Richard Quick and all others,

I absolutely agree wholeheartedly with Richard's statements!!!!  The
synchronous rotary gap is nice, but nothing beats the total control of a
variable speed rotary.  This is provided it is backed up with
inductive/resistive ballast control at the primary side.  The art is at the
hand of an experienced user in the manner in which the speed and ballast are
handled and adjusted during actual operation to arrive at a truly optimum
condition of operation.  Tune for minimal smoke and hottest arcs!

Richad Hull, TCBOR