[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Secondary Electrostatic Charge

>From: "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>A couple of questions regarding hot-melt (glue sticks). Firstly, are
>any of the plastic components of hot melt polar? And secondly, has
>anybody tried using hot melt for potting components (i.e. immersing
>say, a primary choke into a pool of hot melt)? If so, how well did it
>work? I'm wondering whether this stuff's more versatile than I've
>previously realized.

Hello Malcolm and others,
        The glue sticks appear to be mostly low density polyethylene, based
on what I have been able to determine.  I coat my iron powder chokes
completely in hot-melt glue after they are wound with wire.  It has greatly
reduced arcing problems I was having with the chokes.
Regards,
Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.