[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla and Measurements.

Hi Alan,

The secondary was wound with 22awg teflon wire around a standard size
55 gallon polyethylene barrel (talk about slippery!).  It resonates at
80KHz.  This lower frequency is much easier on the FETs because they
get to enjoy a longer on/off time compared to the time spent in
transition.  The primary was 20 turns of 1/4 inch copper tubing in a
straight helix, 30 inches in diameter, placed at the bottom of the
secondary.  Flashover problems were severe and dielectric was needed
between the windings.  I would do it again with a larger diameter
primary.

Zap,
Mark