[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil wire

Hi Paul,

>Thanks, BTW, got any ideas for a good beginners Tesla coil?  I'm
>going to build myself one soon, and I've never built one before.

Well, youv'e already got the 24 gauge wire.  A 3-1/2" to 4" diameter might be a
good choice to start with.  It will work just fine.  All you need now are the
transformer(s) and capacitor(s).  Those are the tougher components to come up
with.  The capacitor will especially be the toughest to come up with ( it always
is) and the most expensive.  But don't get discouraged.  You'll get it together.
I personally consider the search for components half the fun.  There is nothing
like rummaging through electronic surplus house.  Lots of cool jink, and much of
it is useful.

Scott Myers