[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer

 * Original msg to: Nussbaum-at-silly-dot-com

Quoting Ephraim Nussbaum <nussbaum-at-silly-dot-com>:

> Well I just unpotted a 9kv and it was also soldered.It is only
> on the surface so maybe I'll take a hacksaw and break the
> connection at the surface,but how would I reconnect it after
> I'm finished?

Any press fit will work fine. You can bind the core up with a few
turns of friction tape and it will work fine. If you have access
to a drill press you can drill a couple of holes through the iron
laminate structure of the core and bind the core back up with a
couple of long machine screws, washers, and nuts.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12