[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary testing 5-23-95

Hi there,

I have got a book from around the turn of the century called 'Electricity in
the service of man.' It is a translation of a German text. Reading Ed's email
about the high voltage applied over a bath of brine, in an attempt to produce
ball lightning, reminded me of an illustration in this book. It is apparently
possible to produce a glowing plasma-like ball over the water and around the
electrode, when connected to a very large battery (of 100 cells) - I seem to
remember the emphasis being on current as opposed to voltage.

Anyway, I shall dig out the book this weekend and let you know.

Cheers

Phil Mason