[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BUILDING FIRST TESLA COIL

    I am a beginner mad scientist here, and have just about finished building
a giant van de graaff generator and have played around with the
"simple-but-neat" jacobs ladder and its many variations.  Well, now i am
moving on and am planning on building my first tesla coil.   I would like to
start out small for starters, so what kind of transformer would you recommend
that i start out with (ratings that is).  Also, from what i have been reading
and studying, they say you should first choose the transformer and design from
there.  Is this the most efficient way to start your design of the tesla coil
or should i begin the design process somewhere else?  (I am not worried about
costs or anything since i know people who can give almost everything i need .
. . except for the caps.  So  don't have to worry about that in my design
scheme.)
                        Thanks for any advice!

                                        Dan McCauley
                                        dhm1-at-lehigh.edu