From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 19:36:43 -0500
To: richard.quick-at-slug-dot-org
Subject: Re: PRIMARY SHORTS

Richard,

I've read many comments on grounding lately.  Sewer pipes, etc.
I'm just a country boy.  We have septic tanks and drain fields.
The septic tank is buried down about 2.0 ft to the lid, it is
made of concrete and is probably about 5 or 6 feet deep and the
same diameter.  It should be full and we agree the (liquid?)
should be a good conductor.  How about if I snake a heavy
ground wire into the tank and use this for a ground?  Will the
concrete tank prevent good coupling to the earth?

Just a thought.  It may actually be too far away to keep the RF
ground line short.

Ed Sonderman

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12