[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Putting in ground rods, it's too quiet...

Greetings,

I was looking at a magazine and saw a little blurb in the handy tips from
readers section.  This blurb described how a guy puts in ground rods.  His
method works best in clay rich soils.  Here's what he does:
Dig a hole about a shovel wide and a shovel deep.  Fill this with water and
push the ground rod in as far as you can.  This will be only about 3" or so.
Then pull the rod out of the hole and let the water fill it up.  Then
push the rod back into the hole.  From then on, don't pull the rod completely
out of the hole, but just work it up and down, pushing it in a little farther
each time.  He says that he can put in 8' ground rods by hand without pounding.
I'll have to try that technique myself sometime soon.

Also, is it quiet because it's a vacation week, or is it quiet because my
mail is messed up yet again?

Chip