[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Current-limiting

Quoting Dan Kline <KLINEDA-at-UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU>:

> About to fire-up in a couple of weeks! I'm only waiting for the
> capacitor from Scott Meyers (applause :)

> I finally got an arc-welder to use as a current-regulator and
> was just curious about how to hook it up. I'm guessing that
> it's in series with one side of the supply-line, but it's so
> much easier to just ask, isn't it. :)

Yes, put the welder in series with one side of the supply line.
If you are using contactors, relays, indicator lights, etc., in
your control circuits you can run these off of the other side of
the 240 volt supply line without having to worry about circuit
interruptions when the welder is switched off.

Richard Quick

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12