[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Q's and Spark Gaps

You wrote:

The quenching action from a multi-section gap as you describe comes
from the many plasma-to-metal interfaces.  The more metal that can be
introduced into the gap, the better.  As is written somewhere in _High
Power Electronics_ (I think), spark quenching action can ONLY take
place at these interfaces.  Essentially, the metal is sinking the heat
out of the spark, and the more surfaces that are interposed, the better
job it can do.

Zap,
Mark