[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tuning by current measurement

cc: tesla-at-grendel.objinc-dot-com

Mark,

Thanks for the recent posting on measuring secondary current.  My interest in
this is to get a better idea of where my sharpest tuning point is.  My system
should be high Q.  I have it spaced up off the floor on plastic, I used
plastic mounts for my primary (3/8" copper tubing), moved my RF filters back
away from the primary, shortened my ground paths, etc. - everything that
should result in a high Q but I am having a difficult time finding a nice
sharp tuning point by trying to guage the longest discharge.  Also, I don't
have an oscilloscope available.

I would appreciate more commentary on this subject.

Thanks,  Ed Sonderman