[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TRANSFORMERS

Richard,
Thanks much for the insight on using pole pigs.  After reading all the
advantages of using them, my next move is to procure one.  Could you or
another experienced builder fill in a couple of blanks though?

When using a welder, do you connect into the welder secondary and use
the various "amp" settings for control?  If so, is it "shift on the fly"
(while under power)?  Or is it a reactance type welder the kind to look
for?  (I am not well schooled in welders).
When running oven elements, are they supposed to get hot while in Tesla
coil operation (heat is wasted energy right)?  Or is the idea to gang
them up and keep heating to a minimum (my assumption)?

Thank you

Glenn