pulse forming network?


I just got a piece of electrical equipment for free that I thought may be
useful for coiling.  It is called a "Pulse Forming Network".  It is a
black box about 1 foot square and about 18" long.  It has two studs labeled
input and output on top (the studs look more like oil filler plugs than 
electrical connections, except that they are insulated from the case), and there
is a high voltage insulator coming out the side.  It was made by sprague. 
My question is does anyone know what this thing is?  Do they think it would
have any use?  It's big and I don't want to keep it around if it will have no