[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] 42" Sparks 12/30 - John Freau [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 42" Sparks 12/30 - John Freau

Also, the reason the research coil needed 33 turns on the primary
is because it had a large high inductance secondary with about
1500 turns, and at times I used a larger toroid.  It needed 33(?) turns
to tune.  But for the newer TT-42 coil, since it has a smaller
secondary with fewer turns, and lower inductance, and also
the larger capacitor, then it needed much fewer primary turns.

I assume you're familiar with Bart Anderson's Tesla coil
program, " JavaTC"?  It's excellent for determining how many
turns are needed for the tap point with a certain number of
secondary turns, secondary size, toroid size, capacitor size,
etc.

John