[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] VDG Collector [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VDG Collector

The biggest issue, is the hole where the belt comes through. If you can make that a gradual curve, or can make the belt small in relation to the diameter of the bowls they are great.

My design has the down side of a large belt-hole and a not very well smoothed entry, If I could improve this I would get a much better output. Although on a good day It will arc from top to bottom, roughly 800mm

I can't say what the change rate is, I did measure it when I built it, and I've improved the charging a number of times since, but I can't find any reference to the figures in my notes.

The motor is small Como drills 191D, 12V ~ 3A, geared 2:1, but has plenty of power for the job, the belt runs at around 3M/Second flat out.

Derek