[Home][2016 Index] [TCML] TESLA COIL EMI or RFI [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] TESLA COIL EMI or RFI

Just read David Rieben's comments about EMI and RFI feeding back into household wiring circuits. Is there any problem using a portable generator to power a Tesla coil?

I have a generator rated 5000 watts running and 6000 watts peak or surge. But would like to be assured that EMI or RFI will not damage it. The generator is not an inverter type. And should the generator be connected to earth ground to bypass some of the EMI/RFI?  I do not normally ground the generator as that creates a shock hazard if a person somehow comes into contact with one of the generator "hot" lines and earth. An electrical tool (with no safety green ground wire) with a short to its metal case for instance.

Thanks,

Ron Reeland