[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] UK Supplies [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] UK Supplies

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2016 1:40 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] UK Supplies

On 9/10/2016 12:07 PM, jimlux wrote:
> On 9/10/16 10:26 AM, Phil wrote:
>> If anyone in the UK is after an NST it may be worth looking into
>> getting one shipped from the USA as we are limited to 10K in the UK
>> whereas the Americans can get 15kV max.
>> May (it will) be dear to ship, but depends how serious your UK coil
>> is, and how much NST's are in the States.
>> You would also need a 250 -> 110v to feed the NST though, but second
>> hand builder's ones are two a penny on Ebay
>>

> or buy two NST and run the primaries in series.. More power is always
> good.
*There are insulation problems associated with this, both secondary to
primary and primary to core.  Needs to be thought out very carefully
including problem that, at least in US, center tap of secondary is tied to
the case.*

I AM SURE JIM MEANS RUN PRIMARIES IN SERIES, BUT RUN THE SECONDARIES IN
PARALLEL.  THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.

> I wonder if there's some "freight shipping" way to do it.
*Only way I've heard of is in someone's luggage and that's expensive now
too.*

Ed

---