[Home][2016 Index] [TCML] My first VTTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] My first VTTC

Hi all,

Just wanted to show some pictures of my first tesla coil: a VTTC powered with an old RCA 813 pentode I found at a thrift shop.

I’m a little disappointed in that I’ve only been able to generate 10 inch sparks, while pulling about 1KW total.  From the reading I’ve done I was hoping I could reach beyond a foot with this tube.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32900248@N05/albums/72157674973589860 <https://www.flickr.com/photos/32900248@N05/albums/72157674973589860>

Enjoy the photos, feel free to ask me any questions, and please, I’ll be delighted to get any criticism or advice on how to improve this thing.  It’s been a fun project, I’ve much enjoyed all the learning, and I now know there’s a lot more to Tesla coils than I had first and naively expected.

Saludos

	—Guillermo