Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2016 9:56 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] solid state tesla coil question

There is 42 times [0.21/.005] as much energy stored and delivered per pulse.

On 5/27/2016 9:50 AM, Buds mohrstamping mail wrote:
I recently finished the minibrute tesla coil and have it running well. The question is why does this coil operate better with a large primary capacitor size of .21uf vs. a smaller cap size of say .005uf. I have tried this setup two different ways by using two different secondaries and at .005uf the arcs are very weak and small. At .21uf the arcs are bold and long. I know for sure that the primary and secondary were in tune on both setups.

Bud mohrman

Forrest Mohrman
Engineer
bud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx || 440.647.4316