[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Capacitors free to a good home [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Capacitors free to a good home

Andrew,
These are homebrew, as in made by a fellow hobbyiest. I have no idea who made them, as if I recall john acquired them second hand as well, at a teslathon.
Ill send a picture in a private message.They really arn't anything pretty to look, just a cluster of 4 capped vertical PVC pipes.
But they are fully funtional HV capacitors, Someone whom didn't want to invest in an expensive maxwell, or MMC but still wanted a fairly substantial capacitor to play with would make good use of them. Perfect for the low budget dumpster diving experimenter.
Like I said, I used them briefly, I actually put them all in series, so I never even came close to their nameplate voltage.
-Jay
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone
------ Original message------From: Andrew Cobaugh Date: Tue, May 24, 2016 6:45 AMTo: Jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx;Cc: Subject:Re: [TCML] Capacitors free to a good home
Do you have pictures? Do you know who made them? I seem to recall there was a company making custom-made Tesla coil caps a while back. Resonance Research maybe?On May 24, 2016 6:05 AM, "Jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,
I have a set of 4 homebrew caps i would like to rehome. Picked them up cheap from john freau many years ago, used them briefly, but now need to clear out some space.
They are all rated in the range of .015-.02uf or so the sharpie markings say. And i believe they are either 25 or 50 kv a piece, i really dont recall. Made with polyethylene sheet and foil, and all in oil.  I believe they were over designed.
Im giving them away, just come and get them.
Located in phoenixville, PA 19460. They need to be gone by this coming week

Pics upon request.
-Jay