Brass cap nuts (acorn nuts) from Ace Hardware make excellent electrodes. Maxwell used brass electrodes in their big Marx gaps used for 30,000 amps and they had very long life.

You can also get copper-tungsten rods, which machine very well, about 15% Cu and 85% W. I've been using the same set for 20 years in my 2 kW coil with occasional polishing.

---Carl

On 1/18/2016 5:26 PM, msweeney23@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ok thanks, maybe ill just use screw on brass electrodes for now i dont have anything to round out tungsten.

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "Carl Noggle" <cn8@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Spark Gap Electrodes - Flat or Rounded
Date: Mon, Jan 18, 2016 6:12 PM

All spark gaps should be rounded.  The field enhancement at the edges of
a flat gap electrode will cause it to go into corona before the spark
forms, giving erratic operation.  A radius of curvature less than about
25% of the gap spacing will go into corona first. Also, with wear the
electrodes will eventually become rounded, requiring adjustment during
the process.  (Nature usually knows best.)

---Carl