[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Ever so slightly off topic. (NOTICE: Link may need editing) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ever so slightly off topic. (NOTICE: Link may need editing)

I worked in a maquila in Cd. Juarez making TVs of several brands. The FB circuit in them had a capacitor on the primary side that tuned to the third harmonic of the output pulse. This had the effect of flat-topping the pulse, which gave better voltage regulation and helped to limit the spike on the xstr. I don't remember exactly how this was connected, but it can probably be found on the schematic of any old TV.

---Carl