[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Project Hathor, 2KV Ring launcher [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Project Hathor, 2KV Ring launcher

I've tested the ring launcher up to a bit over 1700 volts, and the contactor has held up nicely. The piece of 1/4 acrylic holding the launcher coil, however, is shattered into many pieces. Swapping that piece out with something a bit stronger on Friday.  But so far Hathor is easily shooting rings quite a bit higher than our building, and we have 35 foot ceilings.  There may be a couple warped remnants of hard drive platters up on the roof forever at this point as well.
perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'