[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Tesla coil setup using MOT [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tesla coil setup using MOT

On 12/21/2016 10:15 AM, Martin Slinning wrote:
Hi.
My students and i have just finished building av flyback/zvs coil and want to step up to a New coil using MOTs. We have seen different setups but we are looking for tips on how to build the most effective coil. In Norway we have limited access to NST, but MOTs are no problem. We have now about 11 mots and a   bunch of MO caps and diodes.
We are planning on making av rsg using av 2800 rpm motor and an inverter to raise  to 150-200 Hz to get whatever rpm we need.
Anyone who can give us tips on what to do, and not do, are greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Martin Slinning.
(Teacher Electric automation at Norwegian highschool.)

Sendt fra min iPhone

Hi Martin, I have gotten good results with DC resonant charging using MOTs. The hardest part of that approach is the charging choke. The one I use on my big coil is home made. The winding of the choke has to be like the winding of a high voltage transformer in that it has to withstand a high voltage. To get the nesessary high voltage you can use two or maybe three MOTs in series driving a voltage doubler circuit.

Roger