From: John Cooper <wt5y@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/15/2015  00:41  (GMT-06:00)
To: tesla reflector <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] current transformer help

I got the current transformer and the panel meter combo.  Meter is scaled for 0_50 amps.  I got a 50/5 current transformer.

Label shows
Primary 50 A  5/3.75VA
conductor through  1 T  Class  0.5
secondary        5A       50/60HZ   660V

2 screws on top  S1 S2 Label.  I have these wired to the meter( no markings on meter just 2 bolt terminals)

for the through hole its labeled P1 on one side and P2 on the other.  I tried both directions through the hole, not sure if this mattered?

I also tried everything between 1 loop ( just the wire through the hole once) up to 4 loops( wrapped 4 times through the big hole)  I believe for every turn through a smaller current through the wire Im measuring would throw the meter movement more?

409-499-7434 I can text pics or email pics too if needed.

it came from china so no instructions, none that I could read or pics.

I had my 3 12kv/60ma NST’s phased together, drawing big arcs just shorting the terminals together to try to get the meter to move.  It would barely flinch.  Do I need to try again with them hooked to the tesla coil like normal operation?  was hoping to get this meter figured out before.

If I was to use my dmm instead of the panel meter, I would set my probes up for a current reading on the 10a scale and probe across the 2 screws on top, the most I would see is 5amps for 50 amps through right?

John Cooper