[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] terry filter resistors [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] terry filter resistors

The R and C values in a Terry low-pass filter are not at all critical,
since it's not really tuned to any particular frequency.  1000 Ohms is a
fine nominal value.  Energy wasted as heat increases with increasing values
of R and C.  Filter effectiveness also increases with increasing values, so
it's all a trade-off.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA