[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] High voltage diodes [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] High voltage diodes

Hi, Matt,

If you are using half of your 15-30, you could get away with a 20 or 25 kV diode. You should almost double the max voltage you expect. An NST is massive overkill for the microamps you need for a static generator. You can use the little TC in a broken plasma globe or even a 555 driving an ignition coil.

I have diodes which are 25 kV at one amp. They are strings of 1kV 5A diodes on a PC board 9" long and 1" wide. I have designs on these myself, so I should probably ask $25.00 apiece. Let me know if you are interested.

---Carl